You don’t have to wait until October for freaks and frights and things that go bump in the night. Halloween may be the king of fear, but Friday the 13th is like the king’s creepy old advisor: just waiting to jump out and take over. If you love spooky scenery, grim games, and that feeling of fear trickling up your spine, you won’t want to miss Funcity Fear Friday on May 13th.
Funcity Fear Friday
If villains like Jason Vorhees, Freddy Krueger, and Michael Myers don’t scare you, Funcity’s Fear Friday will. Kids years 13 and up can test their horror film know-how with Five Night’s at Freddy’s themed laser tag–just don’t open that door . . . Skaters are invited to test their bravery with our Mystery Box Challenge. They may win a prize . . . if they don’t lose their hands first. Fear Friday creeps into Funcity Sk8 on Friday, May 13th from 7-11:30pm. General admission is $8, or get dinner, skating, and laser tag bundled for just $12.
Friday the 13th Facts
Are you brave enough for Fear Friday? Freak out your friends with these Friday the 13th facts.
- Friday the 13th has been associated with fear and misfortune since 1307
- The number 13 freaks out so many people that it’s pretty common for skyscrapers, hotels, and hospitals to skip straight from floor 12 to floor 14
- For a month to have a Friday the 13th, it must begin on a Sunday
- Every year has between 1 and 3 Friday the 13ths (2016 only has 1)
- Alfred Hitchcock, the Master of Suspense and creator of Psycho, was born on Friday the 13th
- The Friday the 13th franchise has 12 movies, a TV series, and several books
Check out the Funcity Sk8 calendar for more special events in Webster, TX.